Teaching at MHIS
Apply today to work alongside highest qualified faculty, within a vibrant and embracing community.
Teaching at MHIS
We welcome your interest in joining the faculty at Mission Hills International School. We are looking for dynamic and collaborative individuals who are passionate about education and keen to become part of an exciting new school community. At MHIS, we firmly believe that an exemplary school is highly dependent on the recruitment and development of caring and engaged teachers who have a demonstrated record of success and ability to inspire students to reach their full potential.
New schools provide great opportunity to build community and tradition. New schools are a good match for teachers who are positive, flexible, innovative and keen to make meaningful contributions to the school as it grows and matures. New schools are places for those who thrive in a busy environment and enjoy working in teams to establish a newly constructed identity and reputation.
We would be pleased to consider you for a position with our foundation team if this profile is in line with your interest, skills and accomplishments.
What We Offer
- A commitment to build a pre-eminent learning community with superb facilities and resources.
- A respectful and caring atmosphere.
- An opportunity to work in a professional environment where high expectations are the norm and where growth and innovation are supported.
- Teaching teams with a commitment to collaborative planning.
- Opportunities for leadership within the school
- A commitment to leverage technology to advance staff and student learning
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive International School salary with annual gratuity (paid in Chinese RMB)
- Responsibility allowances (expatriate and local hire)
- Relocation allowance (expatriate hire)
- Annual home leave with round-trip transportation (expatriate hire)
- Furnished housing in an apartment on the school campus/Mission Hills Resort (expatriate and local hire)
- Tuition waver for faculty children in accordance with school policy (expatriate and local hire)
- Chinese National staff will follow the government mandatory insurance program and expatriate staff will have the option to enlist in the Chinese government Expatriate Health Insurance Program or a separate Health Insurance Plan
- Professional development opportunities (expatriate and local hire)
- Sick, personal, maternity and paternity leave (expatriate and local hire)
- Support and costs associated with obtaining an employment visa in China
- Access to the school's aquatics center, sports hall, fitness center along with Mission Hills golf and tennis facilities.
To be eligible for placement on the salary scale teachers must hold a university/college degree and a teaching qualification (i.e. Bachelor or Masters of Education, PGDE, PGCE). Successful candidates will usually have at least two years of relevant teaching experience. Preference is given to those who have worked in international schools.
For the Pre-School and Lower School, we look for candidates who are well versed in the principles and practices of early childhood frameworks such as IB PYP, Reggio Emilia, or Montessori. For the Upper School, preference is given to those with prior work experience in IB MYP and DP Programmes.
Demonstrated use of technology in your teaching practice is an asset. A willingness and ability to support the school's goals in terms of holistic development and therefore lead co-curricular activities are important attributes that we look for in teachers. Please be aware of this required assignment as it usually involves a substantial commitment of time at lunch, after school or on weekends.
The school year for teachers begins in mid-August and closes in mid-June with a one-week National Day break in October, two-week Winter Holiday at the end of December, and a two-week Chinese New Year holiday.
We intend to facilitate a culture of professional growth at MHIS. We acknowledge that good teachers want to expand their repertoire and are constantly seeking ways to further develop their craft to an optimal level. This requires an investment of time and resources. This requires support from the leadership team.
Mission Hills International School is committed to organizing, leading, supporting and funding relevant and appropriate professional development opportunities for its staff. Professional Development (PD) will be driven by school-wide or divisional/department objectives and will be part of an individual teacher's growth plan. For some, that may include a focus on technology integration, Understanding by Design (UbD), curriculum mapping, differentiation in a bi-lingual classroom, inquiry approaches to learning, or a First Steps Literacy Program. For teachers in the Upper School, where the IB MYP and DP programs will be offered, a robust training plan will be put in place for those hired without IB experience, those in need of a refresher course, or those needing to attend a workshop where a new curriculum document is introduced. We will support staff who wish to become IB Workshop Leaders, Examiners or international conference presenters. To the extent possible, we are committed to having staff attend the annual EARCOS, ACAMIS and IB teachers' conferences.
We are confident that the school will be a dynamic place to develop professionally and that it offers opportunities for teachers at a variety of stages in their career.
Thank you for considering Mission Hills International School. Teachers will be hired at Search Associates recruitment fairs and other fairs as necessary, or directly through our offices in Hong Kong or Shenzhen. We prefer to conduct interviews fact-to-face but understand that this is not always possible. Where necessary we will conduct interviews via Skype or telephone.
Vacancies will be listed on our web-site as well as with Search Associates recruitment agency. Qualified teachers with a minimum of two years teaching experience are requested to submit the following:
- Personal Statement describing your philosophy of education, interest in the school, ways that you can contribute to the development of the school, experience with curriculum development and involvement in co-curricular activities.
- Employment History/Curriculum Vitae outlining your qualifications, degrees, certification, experience and the contact details of 3 referees (including email addresses)
- Letters of Reference from at least two current supervisors
Submit your application package to:
Mr. John Jalsevac
Head of School
Mission Hills International Education Limited
29th Floor, No.9 Queen's Road Central