The Admissions Manager will take a lead role in the development and implementation of admissions guidelines, policies and procedures. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the MHIS Team from the establishment as the school embarks on its journey to build a pre-eminent international school.
- In consultation with the Head of School and Leadership Team, develop and oversee implementation of the MHIS Admissions strategy
- Seek out and explore lead generating opportunities and cultivate relationships with community groups, businesses, placement agencies and 'key stakeholders.
- Utilize data to anticipate trends in the educational sector and create a strategy to promote the school
- Design, produce and distribute promotional and application materials
- Act as first point of contact by greeting visitors, answering the telephone, screening email messages, responding to inquiries and providing information to potential applicants.
- Conduct regular tours of the Pre-School for applicants and family members
- Meet with potential applicants and their families and guide and encourage them through the admissions process
- Assess candidates in accordance with the criteria established and interview where appropriate
- Extend offers of admission and invoice new registrants accordingly
- Review and process candidate files
- Ensure efficient and meaningful data tracking (monthly and yearly) is undertaken to inform the admissions planning process (i.e. inquiries made, tours booked,applications received, offers extended, enrollment statistics)
- Produce and maintain the MHIS Directory providing contact details of students and parents
- Process students' withdrawal from school and provide attendance record, school letter, transcript where appropriate.
- Perform other comparable duties as assigned, which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Liaise with the respective Principal and teacher(s) and ensure that everything is prepared for a new student on their first day of school
- Serve as an effective ambassador of MHIS while Interacting positively with parents and applicants and with Admissions team members and staff at the school
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in a related field
- 3 years previous experience in a school setting
- Ability to create and implement the Admissions Strategy
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written/spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical,problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to lead, manage and evaluate a team
- Good understanding of the Educational Admissions Structure in Guangdong Province (preferred)
- 3 years or more, living & working experience in Guangdong province and Shenzhen city (preferred)
Applications should be received by 30 October, 2014. The following application materials are required:
- Letter of application (in English & Chinese)
- A current CV (in English & Chinese) with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees (at least one from a supervisor at your current place of employment). References will only be contacted after an interview.
- One-page statement of interest and goals related to the position (in English & Chinese)
Include all documents in a single PDF file and forward by email to:
Head of School,
Mission Hills International School
We thank all candidates for their applications: however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.