Career Opportunity: Classroom Assistant
Mission Hills International School is planned as a co-educational, bi-lingual (English and Mandarin) through-train day school for students in Kindergarten (age 3) to University entrance. The campus will be purpose-built for Mission Hills and international school specifications, located immediately adjacent to the Mission Hills resort in Shenzhen, China. By car, it is only 30 minutes from Shenzhen City Center, and 1.5 hours from Hong Kong.
The Pre-Schoolwill open in September 2015 in a newly built, spacious and well-equipped stand-alone facility. In September 2017 we will open Phase 2, the new Lower and Upper Schools with state-of-the-art facilities.
Curriculum in the Pre-School and Lower School will be internally designed with significant strands derived from the Ministry of Education in Ontario (Canada), Chinese Primary School curriculum and other best practice international frameworks. Much of the pedagogical approach will be based on the IB PYP programme. Upon entry into the Upper School, all MHIS students will be fully enrolled in the IB MYP and DP programmes.
To build a pre-eminent and innovative International School where all students recognize and achieve their fullest potential.
To empower our students to pursue excellence in its' many forms and to acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking self-actualized problem solvers and compassionate global citizen.
With recognition that the Faculty and students at Mission Hills International School are the school ' s most valuable resource, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary Classroom Assistant to work as part of our Pre School team, supporting the daily well-being and education of students. The successful candidate is expected to support the school ' s Mission and Vision and will possess personal and professional qualities that lend themselves to excellence in childcare, teamwork and health and hygiene routines.
The candidate will:
- Assist the teachers in preparing the classroom environment and educational materials on a daily basis.
- Assist and oversee students at lunch and Sleep Time (K1 & K2) or Quiet Time (K3).
- Follow the teachers ' directions to support learning and play during inside and outside activity times.
- Act as supervisor to monitor students ' well-being during inside and outside activity times.
- Assist students ' personal cleaning, and dressing where required, at school.
- Clean and sterilize the classroom, the surrounding area and the washroom everyday.
- Clean and sterilize the teaching materials and toys as outlined in the Cleaning Rotation within the Health and Safety Policy
- Accompany and assist teachers and students during on-site and off-campus activities, including scheduled daily lessons and planned field trips.
- Report challenging behavior, accidents and issues to the teachers directly.
- Communicate on a daily basis with the classroom teachers as first point of contact.
- Attend team meetings and school events as requested by Teachers, Associate Principal and Head of School.
- Assist in the planning and conducting of co-curricular or extra-curricular activities to meet the needs and interests of children
- Perform other duties as directed by the Associate Principal or Head of School.
- Be in the classroom at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the school day each morning; When the Classroom Assistant is assigned morning supervision duties by the Associate Principal, he/she is to be on duty as is required.
- Remain at school until 4:15 PM when no staff meetings, staff professional development activities or school events are scheduled; and to remain at school till 5:00 PM when afternoon supervision duties are assigned.
Required and Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- Childcare/ education training or certification(required)
- Relevant experience with international school or foreign language kindergarten experience (preferred)
- Working level English(preferred)
- A positive, collaborative team-player with a caring and responsible approach to all major duties(required)
- Letter of application
- Current CV with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees
Include all documents in a single PDF file and forward by email to:
Head of School,
Mission Hills International School