Career Opportunity: Early Childhood Education Teacher (Native Chinese Speaker with working level English)
Mission Hills International School is planned as a co-educational, bi-lingual (English and Mandarin) through-train day school for students in Kindergarten to University entrance. The campus will be purpose-built for Mission Hills and international school specifications, located immediately adjacent to the Mission Hills resort in Shenzhen, China. By car, it is only 30 minutes from Shenzhen City Centre. Our goal is to serve a growing number of Chinese nationals and expatriates in the Shenzhen region who have an interest in having their children attend a pre-eminent dual language internationally accredited school.
The Phase 1 plan is to open a Pre-School for 3 - 5 year old students in a newly built, spacious and well-equipped stand-alone facility. In September 2017 we will open Phase 2, the new Lower and Upper Schools with state-of-the-art facilities.
Curriculum in the Pre-School and Lower School will be internally designed with significant strands derived from the Ministry of Education in Ontario (Canada), Chinese Primary School curriculum and other best practice international frameworks. Much of the pedagogical approach will be based on inquiry, guided discovery, and structured and free play formats as a foundation for learning. Upon entry into the Upper School, it is our intention that all MHIS students will be fully enrolled in the IB MYP and DP programmes.
The Chinese Teacher will work collaboratively with the Homeroom English Teacher in the development, organization and delivery of the learning program. The successful candidate is expected to support the school's Mission and Vision and will possess personal and professional qualities that lend themselves to excellence in teaching and learning. The candidate will have demonstrated a commitment to developing the whole child through quality pastoral care.
- University degree or equivalent (required)
- Teacher Qualifications - Bachelor or Master ' s degree (required)
- Early Childhood Teacher Qualification Certificate (preferred)
- Relevant teaching experience with international school or foreign language kindergarten (preferred)
- A positive, caring, collaborative team-player with a passion for early childhood education (required)
- Letter of application
- One page bilingual statement of educational philosophy
- Current CV (bilingual) with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees
Include all documents in a single PDF file and forward by email to:
Head of School,
Mission Hills International School