Career Opportunity: Senior Administration Assistant
Mission Hills International School is planned as a co-educational, bi-lingual (English and Mandarin) through-train day school for students in Kindergarten (age 3) to University entrance. The campus will be purpose-built for Mission Hills and international school specifications, located immediately adjacent to the Mission Hills resort in Shenzhen, China. By car, it is only 30 minutes from Shenzhen City Center, and 1.5 hours from Hong Kong.
The Pre-School will open in September 2015 in a newly built, spacious and well-equipped stand-alone facility. In September 2017 we will open Phase 2, the new Lower and Upper Schools with state-of-the-art facilities.
Curriculum in the Pre-School and Lower School will be internally designed with significant strands derived from the Ministry of Education in Ontario (Canada), Chinese Primary School curriculum and other best practice international frameworks. Much of the pedagogical approach will be based on the IB PYP programme. Upon entry into the Upper School, it is our expectation that all MHIS students will be fully enrolled in the IB MYP and DP programmes.
To build a pre-eminent and innovative International School where all students recognize and achieve their fullest potential.
To empower our students to pursue excellence in its' many forms and to acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking self-actualized problem solvers and compassionate global citizens.
With recognition that the Faculty and students at Mission Hills International School are the school' s most valuable resource, we are seeking to appoint a Senior Administrative Assistant to provide direct administrative and secretarial support for the Associate Principal of the Pre School and the Head of School. The successful candidate is expected to support the school' s Mission and Vision and will possess a strong set of personal qualities and professional skills in organization, communication, technology, and time management.
- Act as the first point of contact for all external and internal enquiries; greet and direct parents and visitors; address standard inquiries by phone, e-mail, or personal contact; relay messages; interact positively and assist students and teachers when necessary.
- Maintain all office and Pre School record keeping systems (i.e. Student Information System, attendance, incidents, report cards, budgets, etc.).
- Assist the Senior Administrative Assistant by typing, formatting, editing and proofreading a variety of templates and communication materials (e.g. internal memorandum, performance appraisals, letters of reference, school articles, notices to parents, Principal' s remarks for newsletters, testimonials etc.).
- Assist the Senior Administrative Assistant by compiling information and preparing various reports and related operational information (e.g. teacher timetables, learn to skate schedules).
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute all incoming mail; arrange couriers; check in/ out trays.
- Arrange committee and other meetings including venues, refreshments and transportation.
- Translate on behalf of Chinese speaking parents as required.
- Coordinate with the Bus Manager/Teacher/Principal when school bus issues develop.
- Operate standard office equipment including computer (word processing, E-mail, spreadsheets, data bases), photocopier, binding/laminating machine and fax machine.
- Perform other comparable duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Arrive in the Main Office by 7:45 AM each morning
- Remain at school until 5:00 PM
Required and Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- University Degree(preferred)
- Any combination of training/experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described (required)
- Fluency in both Mandarin and English languages (written and spoken) (required)
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (required)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision (required)
- Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office equipment, software and applications (required)
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 50 wpm (preferred)
- Relevant experience in a school setting (preferred)
- A positive, collaborative team-player with a caring and responsible approach to all major duties (required)
- Letter of application
- Current CV with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees
Include all documents in a single PDF file and forward by email to: